Organic Red Wine
Organic vineyards are not necessarily “tidy” in the conventional sense with “spreadsheet” rows of vines devoid of all interior plant or animal life except the prized vine. However, they are beautiful – a stunning display of nature’s innate system of checks and balance, cover crops, bugs, bees, birds, bats and the like checking in on vine-destroying insects and weeds – helping to balance their formidable populations to give rise to a vine that can thrive.
Organic wines are a true ecosystem gem. With grapes topping the list of the most chemically “sprayed” (with insecticides, herbicides, fungicides and other nasty “cides”) categories of produce on the market today, it is no wonder that many are seeking an organic alternative to their conventional wines. Tides are certainly turning as more vintners are discovering that the common-sense approach to both organicand biodynamic growing methods, results in not only “healthier” vines, but in wines with greater flavor, more distinct terroir character and at times a noticeable cost-savings on their bottom line.
Recommended Organic Wine Producers
- Benziger Winery (California)
- Grgich Hills (California)
- Bonterra Vineyards (California)
- Frog’s Leap (California)
- Tablas Creek (California)
- The Organic Wine Company - Key importer of Organic French Wines
- Frey Vineyards (California)
- Organic Vintners - Importers of internationally produced Organic Wines
- Ceago Vinegarden (California)
- Yarden Chardonnay Odem Organic (Israel)
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery (Canada)
- Robinvale Organic Wines (Australia)
- Richmond Plains (New Zealand)
- Kawarau Estate (New Zealand)
- Temple Bruer Winery (Australia)
- Nuova Cappelletta (Italy)
- Bodega Hermanos Delgado (Spain)
- Badger Mountain Vineyard (Washington)
- Snoqualmie Wines also has an organic line of remarkable wines
What should I combine with Organic Red Wine?
Products which combine excellently with Organic Red Wine include Banderol, Samento, Emu Oil, Oil Leaf Extract, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Cumanda, Burbur, Amethyst Biomat, High-Bush Cranberry Juice, Curcumin and Garlic.
Tags: organic red wine
Posted in Lyme Disease Treatments