This top meal is inspired by Indian cuisine, is full of flavor and good for you, too.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 7 whole cloves
- 5 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/3 cup fried shallots
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add lentils and rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until coated with oil. Add cloves, cardamom, stock and a pinch of salt. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Add peas. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until rice and peas are tender.
- Add garam masala. Stir to combine. Remove from heat. Top with fried shallots. Serve.
Posted in Lyme Disease